Course Title: Workplace Safety and Health Management in Construction Industry On completion of this unit, learners will have knowledge and skills required of a Building Construction Supervisor to oversee or supervise any work or process carried out in a worksite safely and without any risk to health.
Course Aim: This Competency Unit is to enable the WSH Coordinator or Supervisor to acquire the knowledge and be equipped with the application skills to supervise construction work for workplace safety and health.
PS1 Explain and interpret salient WSH legislations and other requirements relevant to construction industry
PS2 Describe the WSH duties and responsibilities of a supervisor in construction industry
PS3 Assist in safety and health planning and organisation at worksite
PS4 Identify WSH hazards, evaluate and control risks in construction industry in accordance with risk management process
PS5 Carry out WSH inspections in accordance with organisational inspection procedures
PS6 Conduct incident investigation and prepare report in accordance with legal requirements and other organisational requirements
32 hours (28 hours of Training and 4 hours of assessment)
124 Tuas South Ave 2 Singapore 637167
134 Jurong Gateway Road #03-307L Singapore 600134
Course Attendance Record
Mode of training
Role Play/ Case Study
Individual Project Assignment
Application forms are available from Jurong Academy office or download the application copy now
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For all courses, the individual or company is required to reimburse JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD the full course fee should the trainee fail to:
- achieve at least 75% attendance (for Supervisors & above courses) / 100% attendance (for workers courses);
- sit for the exam / competency-based course within the stipulated timeframe upon course completion; or
- show up for class, thereby defaulting the training slots allotted to them.
- For deferment / transfer / withdrawal of courses, a written notice must be submitted and received by JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD 1 week before course commencement.
- For replacement of courses, a written notice, together with the full particulars of the new participant, must be submitted and received by JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD 1 week before the course commence.
- All requests will be subjected to approval.
- Participant unable to attend the course due to their personal problems and submit a written notice at least 7 working days before course commencement, 90% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- Participant unable to attend the course due to their personal problems and submit a written notice at least 3 working days before course commencement 75% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- Participant does not attend the course without prior notice or cancel the registration less than 3 days, STRICTLY no refund.
Trainees who pass the assessment are to collect their certificate and/or safety pass within 1 month after the notification of collection. Trainees must present their IC and payment receipt for authentication before collection, and certificates and cards shall only be issued upon full payment of course fees.
- Trainees are advised to be punctual on the day of examination / assessment. Late participants may be barred from taking the examination / assessment.
- If trainee is found cheating, trainee will be barred from the examination / assessment, and JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD will reserve the rights to take necessary actions.
- If trainee fails the examination / assessment and wish to appeal, trainee is to submit appeal form, with a fee of $50.00, within 14 working days. Appeal fee will be refundable if the appeal is successful subject to Authorities Approval
On completion of this unit, learners will have knowledge and skills required of a Building Construction Supervisor to oversee or supervise any work or process carried out in a worksite safely and without any risk to health.