Course Title: Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Hot-work Trade) At the end of the course, the learners shall be able to:
Course Aim: This course aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to recognize the safety hazards at shipyard work when performing hot-work activities, know the preventive measures to be adopted, and the importance of observing safety signs and safe work procedures operating in the shipbuilding and ship repairing work environment.
• Understand fire and explosion hazards & safety measures
• Understand airless spraying hazards and safety measures
• Understand health hazards and preventive measures
• Know the proper usage of Personal protective equipment
• Understand safe storage of paints and solvents on board vessels
• Know Vessel Safety Coordination Committee (VSCC) Meetings
• Understand Permit-to-work system – Application for a painting permit
• Know Worker’s safety checklist for painting works
2.5 hours Training including 10 minutes of assessment
134 Jurong Gateway Road #03-307L Singapore 600134
Course Attendance Record
Mode of training
2, 9, 16, 23, 30
7, 14, 21, 28
Application forms are available from Jurong Academy office or download a application copy now
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For all courses, the individual or company is required to reimburse JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD the full course fee should the trainee fail to:
- achieve at least 75% attendance (for Supervisors & above courses) / 100% attendance (for workers courses);
- sit for the exam / competency-based course within the stipulated timeframe upon course completion; or
- show up for class, thereby defaulting the training slots allotted to them.
- For deferment / transfer / withdrawal of courses, a written notice must be submitted and received by JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD 1 week before course commencement.
- For replacement of courses, a written notice, together with the full particulars of the new participant, must be submitted and received by JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD 1 week before the course commence.
- All requests will be subjected to approval.
- Participant unable to attend the course due to their personal problems and submit a written notice at least 7 working days before course commencement, 90% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- Participant unable to attend the course due to their personal problems and submit a written notice at least 3 working days before course commencement 75% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- Participant does not attend the course without prior notice or cancel the registration less than 3 days, STRICTLY no refund.
Trainees who pass the assessment are to collect their certificate and/or safety pass within 1 month after the notification of collection. Trainees must present their IC and payment receipt for authentication before collection, and certificates and cards shall only be issued upon full payment of course fees.
- Trainees are advised to be punctual on the day of examination / assessment. Late participants may be barred from taking the examination / assessment.
- If trainee is found cheating, trainee will be barred from the examination / assessment, and JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD will reserve the rights to take necessary actions.
- If trainee fails the examination / assessment and wish to appeal, trainee is to submit appeal form, with a fee of $50.00, within 14 working days. Appeal fee will be refundable if the appeal is successful subject to Authorities Approval
At the end of the course, the learners shall be able to:• Introduction to Shipyard Safety Instruction Course for Workers (Painters Trade)